Jehovah’s Witness Lawyers for religious group argue against daily fines in sex-abuse case
Attorneys for the Jehovah’s Witness church appeared before a state appellate court yesterday (October 11) in hopes of overturning the $4000 daily sanctions that a trial court ordered them to pay for refusing to turn over documents in one of two sex-abuse cases.
More from SDReader
- Judge orders Jehovah’s Witnesses to release molestation files — Aug. 30, 2017
- Top local news stories of 2016 — Dec. 26, 2016
- Jehovah’s Witnesses get relief from appellate court — Oct. 15, 2016
- Judge sanctions Jehovah’s Witnesses — June 24, 2016
- Tough to build Jehovah’s Witness sex-abuse case — April 24, 2016